NTR Memorial Trust through it’s Blood Centres provides safe Blood and it’s components.
- Explore and identify innovative means and ways of improving functioning of Blood Centres.
- Enhance the number of Blood Storage Centres in AP & Telangana.
- Increase in providing free blood units and free medicines to Thalassemia Patients.
NTR Memorial Trust Blood Centres are operating in different locations since 2008, in close association with a number of Voluntary Donors, IT Companies, Pharma Companies, Educational Institutions, Hospitals, and etc. As a result of its unique approach and commitment to provide safe blood and products, NTR Memorial Trust Blood Centres are one of the finest establishments which are NABH accreditated as well as ISO 9000:2015 certified with modernized, automatic equipment and state of art facilities for Blood Donation, Component preparation, storage and issuance of Blood and its components. Our Blood Centres are committed to operate 24/7 and 365 days to ensure timely availability of safe blood.
NTR Memorial Trust initially started a virtual Blood Centre, a first of its kind, to promote voluntary blood donations in India. In association with Indian Red Cross Society, NTR Memorial Trust conducted many voluntary Blood donation drives to help the poor and needy patients. With ever increasing demand for Blood and its various components, NTR Memorial Trust has started its first Blood Centre in Hyderabad in the year 2008 which was the first one to be recognized as RBTC (Regional Blood Transfusion Center) in Telangana.
Our’s is the first NGO run standalone Blood bank in South India with NABH accreditation/ISO 9001:2015 certified having one of South India’s most advanced testing facilities with Nucelic Acid Testing (NAT) to detect infections that regular serological tests might fail to detect.
Won Red Cross Society’s Award for performance Excellence for three consecutive years.
- No of Donations: 207648
- No’ of Voluntary Blood Donation drives: 1725
- No.of units issued to patients : 304697
- Free issues to Thalassemia children : 17522
- Free Issues to Government Hospital Patients: 37268
- Free Issues to Voluntary Donors : 7912
- First in the Country to be operated by an NGO, and approved by NABH
- Won Red Cross Society’s Award for Performance Excellence for three consecutive years between 2006-09
- One of the largest donor networks with 102,245 (and counting) registered future donors from all the districts in the states of Telangana & AP
We are committed to….
- Ensure timely availability of safe blood.
- Promote voluntary Blood Donation
- Provide free blood to thalassemia, sickle cell anemia and hemophilia patients & needy patients from below the poverty line
- Network with hospitals, NGO’s, Educational Institutions, NSS, Public & Private Institutions
- NTR Memorial Trust Blood Centre is the first in the Country to conceptualize the idea of Blood Banking through 24/7 call center.
- Offers quality, FREE blood units to poor patients and Thalassemia victims and to others in need.
WHO CAN/CAN'T DONATE BLOOD
Donating blood may reduce the risk of heart disease for men and stimulate the generation of red blood cells.
LET OTHERS BENEFIT FROM FROM YOUR GOOD HEALTH.
DO DONATE BLOOD IF.....
- Your are between age group 18-60 years.
- Your weight is 45 kgs or more.
- Your hemoglobin is 12.5gm/dl.
- Your last blood donation was 3 months earlier.
- You should be healthy and have not suffered from malaria, typhoid or other transmissible disease in the recent past.
DO NOT DONATE BLOOD IF......
- Cold/fever in the past 1 week.
- Under treatment with antibiotics or any other medications.
- Cardiac problems, hypertension, epilepsy,diabetes (on insulin therapy),history of cancer,chronic kidney or liver disease,bleeding tendencies,venereal disease etc.
- Major surgery in the last 12 months.
- Vaccination in the last 28 days.
- Had fainting attacks during last donation.
- Have regularly received treatment with blood products.
- Female should not donate blood during pregnancy.
- Had a miscarriage in the last 6 months or have been pregnant / lactating in the last one year.
- Female can donate after 6 weeks following a normal delivery and when they are not breast feeding.
- Female should not donate blood if they are having heavy menstrual flow or menstural cramps
BENEFITS OF BLOOD DONATION
Donating Blood does not have any side effects on your health. In turn,there are several benefits of donating Blood.they are as follows:
Reduce the chance of heart disease
Enhance the production of new red Blood Cells, Burns Calories
Uncover Potential Health Problems
Give you a sense of Significance
- Have a sumptuous meal
- Avoid fatty foods
- Get a good night's sleep
- Drink a lot of water
- Avoid Alcohol and Smoking
- Drink plenty of fluids for the next 24-48 hrs
- Avoid strenuous physical activities
- If you feel light headed,take rest
- Enjoy the good feeling that you may have saved 4 lives by donating blood