Blood Center Tirupati
NTR Memorial Trust through it’s Blood Centres provides safe Blood and it’s components.
- Explore and identify innovative means and ways of improving functioning of Blood Centres.
- Enhance the number of Blood Storage Centres in AP & Telangana.
- Increase in providing free blood units and free medicines to Thalassemia Patients.
NTR Memorial Trust Blood Centres are operating in different locations since 2008, in close association with a number of Voluntary Donors, IT Companies, Pharma Companies, Educational Institutions, Hospitals, and etc. As a result of its unique approach and commitment to provide safe blood and products, NTR Memorial Trust Blood Centres are one of the finest establishments which are NABH accreditated as well as ISO 9000:2015 certified with modernized, automatic equipment and state of art facilities for Blood Donation, Component preparation, storage and issuance of Blood and its components. Our Blood Centres are committed to operate 24/7 and 365 days to ensure timely availability of safe blood.
In order to meet the demand for blood in Southern parts of Andhra Pradesh, NTR Memorial Trust extended its operations to Tirupati on the occasion of birthday of our Founder Trustee Shri Nara Chandrababu Naidu garu on 20 April 2019.
- No of Donations: 25,761 Units
- No’ of Voluntary Blood Donation drives: 174
- No.of units issued to patients : 33,132 units
- Free issues to Thalassemia children : 137 units
- Free Issues to Government Hospital Patients: 1279 units
- Free Issues to Voluntary Donors : 320 units
WHO CAN/CAN'T DONATE BLOOD
Donating blood may reduce the risk of heart disease for men and stimulate the generation of red blood cells.
LET OTHERS BENEFIT FROM FROM YOUR GOOD HEALTH.
DO DONATE BLOOD IF.....
- Your are between age group 18-60 years.
- Your weight is 45 kgs or more.
- Your hemoglobin is 12.5gm/dl.
- Your last blood donation was 3 months earlier.
- You should be healthy and have not suffered from malaria, typhoid or other transmissible disease in the recent past.
DO NOT DONATE BLOOD IF......
- Cold/fever in the past 1 week.
- Under treatment with antibiotics or any other medications.
- Cardiac problems, hypertension, epilepsy,diabetes (on insulin therapy),history of cancer,chronic kidney or liver disease,bleeding tendencies,venereal disease etc.
- Major surgery in the last 12 months.
- Vaccination in the last 28 days.
- Had fainting attacks during last donation.
- Have regularly received treatment with blood products.
- Female should not donate blood during pregnancy.
- Had a miscarriage in the last 6 months or have been pregnant / lactating in the last one year.
- Female can donate after 6 weeks following a normal delivery and when they are not breast feeding.
- Female should not donate blood if they are having heavy menstrual flow or menstural cramps
BENEFITS OF BLOOD DONATION
Donating Blood does not have any side effects on your health. In turn,there are several benefits of donating Blood.they are as follows:
Reduce the chance of heart disease
Enhance the production of new red Blood Cells, Burns Calories
Uncover Potential Health Problems
Give you a sense of Significance
- Have a sumptuous meal
- Avoid fatty foods
- Get a good night's sleep
- Drink a lot of water
- Avoid Alcohol
- Drink plenty of fluids for the next 24-48 hrs
- Avoid strenuous physical activities
- If you feel light headed,take rest
- Enjoy the good feeling that you may have saved 4 lives by donating blood